Deadline: 29 September 2023
First presented by the Environmental Media Association (EMA) in 1991, the Awards recognize writers, producers, directors, actors, and others in the entertainment industry who express their concern for the environment. The Environmental Media Awards is the only Award show to publicize and promote the work the entertainment industry is doing in front of and behind the camera to encourage environmental role modeling. With tens of Billions of impressions each year, the mission is to bring the awareness of the entertainment industry’s dedication to promoting these actions to the global community.
- Feature film
- Documentary film
- Documentary series
- Television episodic drama
- Television episodic comedy
- Children’s television – live action and animated
- Reality television program
- Variety television program
Application Rules and Procedures
- Producers, production companies, filmmakers, distributors, studio or network staff may submit entries.
- Entries must include the following:
- Your completed entry form(s)
- A list of the production’s creative team as listed in the credits: Executive Producer, Supervising Producer, Producer, Writer, Director, Story Editor. Please include titles, contact addresses, emails and phone numbers
- A brief written narrative describing the environmental content of the submission (one or two paragraphs only)
- Digital link for viewing (when submitting Digital Links, please provide any password associated) (please note running time on each)
- Please note: Only three (3) episodes of a single series may be entered per category. EMA is not responsible for creative team omissions made by entrants. Finalists will be asked to submit a cast photo. Finalists will receive two  complimentary tickets to the Awards Ceremony, including reception & dinner. EMA reserves the right to show portions of submitted entries at Awards presentations.
Terms and Conditions
- The Environmental Media Awards reserves the right to copy and distribute all materials, including video submitted by a studio, director, producer, or any other eligible entity for the purpose of judging and promoting the awards. Video submissions will be privately viewed by the panel of judges in their entirety.
- The Environmental Media Awards occasionally exhibit for educational or other purposes and not for profit, by means other than broadcast or telecast, programs and materials from this awards competition. The Environmental Media Awards may utilize submitted video and related materials, including designated cast photos and/or stills from the film or television series submitted, in its publicity, outreach and entertainment-education activities, including press releases, the EMA e-newsletter, show production, video news conferences, lectures, panels, research and touring exhibitions. Appropriate credit will be included.
- The program will be streamed online on a variety of homepages, including but not limited to the Environmental Media Association homepage and the Environmental Media Association Facebook page, among others. The Environmental Media Association reserves the right to utilize the show/cast graphic in future promotional, educational, and other related materials, including placement on the Environmental Media Awards webpage and the Environmental Media Association YouTube page.
- The Environmental Media Awards does not claim to endorse or support the work, business practices, or other ideologies of producers, networks or affiliated organizations. Recognition at the Environmental Media Awards is recognition for the material submitted only and does not imply recognition for anything other than the material reviewed.
- Any publicity describing the Environmental Media Awards must include the full title of the awards program, The Environmental Media Awards, and must refer to the particular work submitted to and recognized by the program.
- The Environmental Media Awards and judges have complete discretionary control over eligibility, re-categorizing entries as deemed appropriate, determining the award winner and whether second or third place winners will be recognized in a particular category.
- The Environmental Media Awards has the right to request additional supporting material, including promotional and/or marketing material, designated cast photos, or film or television stills, before an award is determined.
- This awards program is not intended to and does not be relied upon to create a right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law by a party and against the Environmental Media Awards, the Environmental Media Association, or any affiliated individuals.
For more information, visit Environmental Media Association (EMA).