Deadline: 10 January 2024
The Axel Springer Academy of Journalism and Technology is honoring the best up-and-coming talents in the field.
- The prize is awarded in the categories “Politics and Business”, “Entertainment” and “Best Team Performance”.
- Additionally, this year sees two new categories “Analysis and Background” and “Future” awarded for the first time. In this category, the prize awards contributions that deal with the current developments and the future of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in content or have been produced innovatively with the help of AI.
- Winners can look forward to a special journalistic opportunity, as every awardee will have the chance to travel to editorial offices of Axel Springer – including POLITICO in Washington and Brussels, BUSINESS INSIDER, WELT or BILD – thus gaining valuable insights into editorial processes and best practices, while expanding their own networks.
- Once again awarded will be the George Weidenfeld Prize for courageous reporting which is bestowed out of competition and endowed with 10,000 euros.
- Entries can be submitted by editors-in-chief, department heads, and journalism school heads/New categories “Analysis and Background” and “Future”.
- To qualify for nomination, works must be articles in the German language written by trainees, editors or freelancers who were not older than 33 years at the time of publication.
- This age limit also applies to all main contributors to team projects.
For more information, visit Axel Springer Academy of Journalism and Technology.