Deadline: 31 March 2024
The prize rewards individuals and their journalistic work that promotes the protection of minorities and cultural diversity, combats racism and discrimination and contributes to a better understanding of cultural and ethnic differences.
The prize promotes editorial independence, journalistic ethics and high standards of professionalism.
- The winner will be invited to attend the award ceremony during the MIDAS General Assembly and will receive the €2,000 prize from a member of the family of Otto von Habsburg.
- The call is open to journalists working for print and/or electronic media (TV, radio, online) in Europe.
- Applicants are expected to submit either a single article or a series of media works on a single topic.
- The members of the MIDAS Governing Board will judge the media work.
- The members of the MIDAS Governing Board will take into account the level of professionalism, the journalistic standards applied in the preparation and dissemination of the work, the exemplary nature of the work and its impact on and relevance to public opinion.
- The media works must be published in European media between 1 January 2023 and 31 December 2023.
- The media works may be published in any language originally spoken in Europe, with an English summary.
- MIDAS will be granted the right to reproduce and disseminate the submitted media works in its publications and promotional material for the Otto von Habsburg Prize for Journalism.
- Each entry must have the written consent of the author.
For more information, visit MIDAS.