Deadline: 30 September 2023
The OFAB Media Awards was initiated to;
- reward the critical roles played by journalists in promoting constructive dialogue on modern biotechnology through responsible, professional, ethical, and effective reporting.
- The culmination of the Award is the OFAB Africa Media Awards contest that brings together OFAB country level finalists from which the overall winners are selected.
- Specific objectives of the award include the following:
- To appreciate the contribution of journalists in promoting sustainable agricultural technologies particularly agricultural biotechnology.
- To improve the quality of agricultural journalism and motivate journalists and media houses to capture impact stories and report on innovative agricultural biotechnology and other agricultural technologies.
- To promote innovative best-practices in agricultural biotechnology and other agricultural technologies that address challenges of food insecurity, climate change, and sustainable development.
- The award is open to all science journalists in Nigeria, in the broadcast (television, radio, and online) and print media.
- The entry should be a story published or aired between June 2022 and September 2023.
- Multiple entries are allowed per applicant.
- Entries for the print category should consist of a scanned copy of the original story (in PDF format) without any alteration to the content of the story published.
- Applicants should ensure that their PDF documents are clear and sharp. Entries with blurred documents would not be considered.
- Online journalists’ entries should include a clearly written and hyperlinked URL address.
- Screenshots of websites where stories are published are not accepted.
- TV entries should be uploaded to YouTube and radio pieces to SoundCloud.
- Applicants should provide the web links to their uploaded stories in the entry form.
For more information, visit OFAB.