Deadline: 15 February 2024
UNESCO invites Member States to nominate candidates for UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize 2024, in consultation with their National Commissions, as well as international and regional professional non-governmental organizations in the field of journalism and press freedom.
- The objective of the Prize is in conformity with UNESCO’s policies and is related to the program of the Organization in the field of communication and information and, more specifically, to the priority given to promoting an enabling environment for freedom of expression and freedom of information.
- The value of the Prize shall be of a minimum of 25,000 USD.
- The prize also consists of a certificate and an object symbolizing the award and granted to the prize winner.
- The full staff support and operating/management costs of the Prize, including all costs relating to the award ceremony and public information activities shall be fully covered by the Cano Foundation and other donors.
- Candidates shall have made a significant contribution to press freedom anywhere in the world representing all types of media including digital media.
- Prizes may be conferred upon individuals, institutions, other entities or non-governmental organizations.
For more information, visit UNESCO.