Deadline: 15 March 2024
The book prize honours the best Arctic or Antarctic nonfiction books published throughout the world.
- The prize consists of $500 US, certificates for the author and publisher, and the right to use the William Mills Prize logo when advertising the winning book.
- Winning titles are announced on pollib-L, on the Colloquy web site, in the Polar Libraries Bulletin and other appropriate social media, websites and publications.
- Qualifications for Nomination
- The book must be nonfiction, about the Arctic or Antarctic.
- The book may be any type of substantive work of nonfiction, or reference resource. Textbooks, anthologies, translations and new editions will not be considered unless they are truly outstanding contributions to polar literature.
- Books authored, edited or published by members of the current Polar Libraries Colloquy Steering Committee are not eligible for nomination.
- Individuals who are not affiliated with the Polar Libraries Colloquy are welcome to submit nominations.
- The book must have been published for the first time within the two calendar years before the Colloquy at which the award will be given. The timeframe for the 2024 award is January 2022 to December 2023.
- The official language of the Colloquy is English. For this reason books must be published in an English language version to be eligible.
For more information, visit Polar Libraries Colloquy.