Deadline: 30 November 2023
Photo submissions should ideally showcase farmers and farming families, researchers, inventors, and even students and the youth using technologies and practices in the field. The images could be part of agricultural production or experimentation across the broad spectrum of crop cultivation, livestock and animal husbandry, or fisheries.
Photos may depict technologies and practices
- That increase productivity, yield or income for farmers and farming families in crop cultivation, livestock, or fishery while reducing wastes;
- That make crops or livestock more sustainable and resilient against unfavorable environments such as drought, flood, and salinity as well as resistant to pests and diseases among other stresses;
- That are developed by local communities or the youth using indigenous materials or tribal knowledge that aims to conserve resources or reduce, re-use, or recyle farm wastes;
- And images that foster partnerships resulting in breakthrough agricultural technologies and innovations or sustainable knowledge and technology transfer to farmers and farming communities.
Prizes and Special Awards
- 1st Prize: USD 1,000
- 2nd Prize: USD 800
- 3rd Prize: USD 500
- SEARCA Director’s Choice: USD 500
- Philippine Department of Education Secretary’s Choice: USD 500
- People’s Choice Award: USD 400
- Best Youth Photographer: USD 300
- The 17th SEARCA Photo Contest (2023) is open to all Southeast Asian nationals except SEARCA staff and their immediate family members.
- A contestant can enter an unlimited number of entries for as long as these meet the photo contest specifications.
- To minimize cases of plagiarism, the contestants will be asked to certify that:
- they own the photographs submitted and that they grant SEARCA full permission to use it in knowledge packaging, sharing, and advocacy related to SEARCA’s mandate. SEARCA shall ensure that the photographer will be properly credited for photos used, such as in print and digital publications;
- the photographs are original, have not won any previous photo contests, published elsewhere (whether print or electronic), or submitted as entries to any other photo contests during the 17th SEARCA Photo Contest period. The same or similar photos submitted to past SEARCA photo contests may not be submitted again; and
- that the photos have not been digitally altered and/or enhanced in any way other than simple cropping.
- Entries must be digital, colored, in JPEG format, and at least 3,000 pixels wide for a horizontal image, or 3,000 pixels tall for a vertical image at 300 dpi.
For more information, visit SEARCA.