Deadline: 11 January 2024
The State of Data Journalism Survey exists to keep track of the latest developments in this exciting and fast-moving field and shed light on where the profession is heading – and where it faces hurdles – to evolve and flourish.
The focus is on the characteristics of the data journalism community, the tools and technology used, and the direction in which data journalism is evolving.
With the 2023 survey, they seek to continue the tradition of understanding and explaining the data journalism profession to the global audience. This year they are introducing two new sets of questions about Open-Source Intelligence and Artificial Intelligence.
- The survey is open to anyone who participates in the field of data journalism: data journalists at news organisations, educators, freelancers, students, and retired data journalists. Whether you are using software, spreadsheets, or programming, this survey is open to anyone who is active or interested in the field.
- They seek global participation!
- This is a unique opportunity to share your perspective on today’s state of data journalism and the characteristics of its ecosystem.
- You have the chance to win a trip to the International Journalism Festival 2024 (IJF) in beautiful Perugia, Italy.
- Your feedback will help generate influential discussions [1,2] on the state of the field and its development.
- The survey takes approximately 10-15 minutes to complete. Most questions are optional. The survey is available in English, Spanish, and Italian.
Data and Privacy
- The survey is anonymous and complies with GDPR standards.
- The results will be publicly shared, including an anonymised dataset where they remove any identifying information.
- Any identifying information you submit to partake in the IJF prize raffle will only be accessible to the Data team at the European Journalism Centre.
For more information, visit EJC.