Deadline: 1 October 2023
The impact labs create bridges for films to reach new audiences and engage civil society actors in their respective themes.
What is an Impact Lab?
- The Lab is a place to imagine how they can collaborate with storytellers and unlock the power of the narrative, using documentary filmmaking as a core part of social and environmental development.
- The local editions are highly interactive and participatory labs. The participants will be guided through the theory and practice of creating impact with documentary films and shown inspiring case studies relevant to their projects.
- The lab will also allow the time and space to share the individual projects’ details, creative ambitions, and impact goals.
Who are the Beneficiaries?
- Filmmakers and participants from film production, distribution, and the arts in general. Also, individuals working in communication, advertising, marketing, public relations, journalism, media, promotional campaigns, and awareness campaigns in various forms are encouraged to apply for participation in the lab, which will be held in Cairo in November 2023.
- AFLAMUNA, Egyptian Film Producers Club, and Seen Films require all participants to maintain the confidentiality and privacy of the data and information related to film projects and participants’ data. The lab structure ensures the confidentiality and privacy of film projects and all intellectual property rights associated with them on the part of the organizing entities.
Terms and Conditions
- Terms for participation as individuals
- Egyptian citizens residing in Egypt.
- Citizens of any Arab country residing in Egypt.
- Filmmakers without a film project, producers, artists, activists, and campaigners – Institutions and funders supporting films – Distributors – Representatives of non-governmental organizations – Charity project owners – Journalists and media professionals.
- Participation conditions with a film project
- Egyptian filmmakers residing in Egypt.
- Film projects at any stage of production.
- Participating film projects should directly or indirectly address social or environmental issues and aim to serve the community.
- Fiction features, short films, and/or series will only be considered if they have impact potential and tackle social or environmental issues.
For more information, visit AFLAMUNA.