Deadline: 3 November 2023
It will take place from 31 January to 3 February 2024 in the city of Enghien-les-Bains, France, with the Caribbean, for the first time, as a participating region.
This initiative will facilitate a high visibility of the selected young Caribbean digital creators in the European visual effects market through a multiple programme of activities that will equip them with enhanced professional tools and connections for their career development.
- The main objectives of this UNESCO Transcultura Programme´s joint action is to:
- Provide young Caribbean digital creators working in the film industry free access to professional opportunities through participation in networking activities with key stakeholders from the European visual effects market;
- Facilitate young Caribbean digital creators working in the film industry a space for enhancing their professional competences through knowledge and skills transfer in the digital visual effects sector during a specialised workshop at the ARTFX special effects school;
- Strengthen the international exposure of the Caribbean visual effects sector in Europe through the presentation of professional portfolios and the exchange of best practices in the use of the latest technologies and innovations in the world of special effects, during PIDS XP.
- Through this call and joint action for cultural exchange and cooperation, Transcultura will:
- Cover the costs (round-trip economy class flights, arrival and departure transfers 1, visa fees —if necessary—, accommodation in a 3-star hotel —or similar— within the city of Enghien-les-Bains —or any other neighbouring town—, 3 meals per day and daily transport —if necessary—) for the international mobility to Enghien-les-Bains, France, from 30 January to 4 February 2024 (5 nights), of up to a maximum of 6 young Caribbean digital creators working in the film industry, representing at least two of the three different linguistic areas covered by the Programme (English, French and Spanish).
- Facilitate the interaction of the young Caribbean digital creators with a specialised and general public, through a professional stand and by sponsoring open access to networking activities (presentations, Génie Awards celebration, job fair, movies projections, among others), in the framework of the PIDS Enghien Festival.
- Sponsor a one and a half-day workshop on the following question: how to optimize film production with the help of VFX? At the ARTFX VFX School in Enghien-les-Bains, with trilingual interpretation services provided.
- This initiative will facilitate a high visibility of the selected young Caribbean digital creators in the European visual effects market through a multiple programme of activities that will equip them with enhanced professional tools and connections for their career development.
- Note: UNESCO does not provide medical insurance services to other travellers. Travellers are responsible for self-insuring themselves for any medical services and costs they may incur during their mission trip.
- Note: No pocket money will be provided, as UNESCO Transcultura will cover all the aforementioned expenses.
- Young Caribbean digital creators working in the film industry, between 18 and 35 years of age are eligible to apply.
- Citizens and legal residents of any of the 17 Caribbean countries included in the geographical scope of the Transcultura Programme: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago.
For more information, visit UNESCO.