Deadline: 9 October 2023
The Winter of Diversity program is based on the use of various types of interactive teaching methods, which include LARP, forum theater and energizers with the participation of interesting and experienced experts.
Through the strong educational and emotional factor of the practical participation of each and every one, the participants will deepen their knowledge of human rights standards, gain knowledge about xenophobia, tolerance, the influence of stereotypes in our lives, understand the term “hate speech”, the state of vulnerable groups in the society, learn to see manifestations of stigmatization, discrimination and intolerance, as well as learn how to avoid them in professional journalistic, writing and activist activities.
- The organizers provide food and accommodation for the participants in double rooms (private cases can be discussed with the organizers); the costs of air travel to the venue of the Summer Camp, as well as a transfer to the airport and back (if you have travel documents within the cost of a scheduled bus or train trip).
- Journalists (full-time and freelancers) of various mass media, writers, bloggers and queer activists who are interested in deepening their knowledge in the field of human rights and topics related to tolerance and non-discrimination, and are ready to further use this knowledge in their creativity and professional life, are invited to participate in the program.
- Age: from 18 years.
- Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Actively interested in issues related to human rights and discrimination of vulnerable social groups;
- Have some work experience in the field of journalism and activity in various types of creativity;
- Be ready to work in a team with other participants of Zimnik;
- It is mandatory to participate in all events during the Winter of Diversity;
- Be ready to actively cooperate after the educational activity with the organizers of the summer camp and use the acquired knowledge and skills in creativity and professional journalistic activity.
For more information, visit J4T.