Deadline: 18 October 2023
The Joan Ganz Cooney Center’s Well-Being by Design Fellowship is a four-month professional development program for designers and producers of interactive kids’ technology and media.
This is a free program supported by Pinterest with no fee or cost to participate.
- The goal of the program is to provide an interactive and collaborative professional development experience to mid-career designers and developers of interactive digital media in order to best support the well-being of all children and young people through creative experimentation and sharing.
- Participants will be reimbursed up to Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($2,500) for travel and approved documented expenses in connection with the in-person Session.
- Gain a deeper understanding of designing technology and media for children’s well-being.
- Workshop your current projects.
- Network with other children’s technology and media designers.
- Learn from industry leaders including representatives from Sesame Workshop, the LEGO Group, Scratch, and more.
- Collaborate with a youth cohort for honest feedback.
- Share your learnings with fellow designers at an in-person celebration in New York.
- January – April 2024
- The Program is open only to individuals (each a “Candidate(s)” and/or referred to herein as “you” or “yours”) who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry; and who are citizens of the United States or are a permanent resident of the United States; and are mid-career (having spent at least 5 years in media or technology design/development).
- If your product will be used by children (anyone under 18 years old) you can apply.
For more information, visit Joan Ganz Cooney Center.