Deadline: 16 October 2023
This call for proposals is launched within the framework of the project Media Councils in the Digital Age #4 (MC4). The project is funded by the European Commission, Creative Europe Programme.
An emergency situation refers to press councils that operate:
- In a country at war or conflict;
- In a challenging or difficult political environment (in terms of human rights, rule of law and democratic standards);
- With financial difficulties;
- With structural deficiencies.
- The total amount available under this call for proposals is €30,000 divided between two.
- Two financial support grants will be awarded and each consist of a series of activities including:
- One-day workshop with 2 consultants to establish a development plan of action;
- 1 grant of up to €15,000 per programme;
- 3 days of Technical Support and Mentoring by 2 experts during the implementation of the grant.
- The maximum duration of the project is 12 months.
- The following types of activities are eligible under this call for proposals:
- Office related costs;
- Core staff costs;
- Website, communication;
- Data collection and analysis;
- Events (including general assemblies and periodical statutor Meetings), training and conferences;
- Networking, exchanges of best practices;
- Studies, analysis and mapping.
- Proposals may be submitted by independent media self-regulatory bodies in emergency situations that handle complaints from the public about potential infringements of journalistic ethics and make decisions based on a transparent complaints procedure and a code of journalistic ethics.
- Only applications from legal entities established in the following countries are eligible
- EU Member States.
- Candidate countries to the EU (Turkey, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Albania, Moldova, Ukraine, and Bosnia and Herzegovina).
- Non-EU participating countries in the Creative Europe Programme.
- The application, including related documents, shall be submitted in English.
- Type of Organisation
- The self-regulatory bodies must be legal entities officially incorporated for at least one year before the application deadline of the grant.
For more information, visit Presscouncils.eu.