Deadline: 1 October 2023
The program is part of Sony’s broader social justice efforts, with funding sourced from the company’s Global Social Justice Fund.
CREATE ACTION grants are designed to make a long-lasting impact for local social justice organizations and the communities they serve. Selected organizations will receive direct funding, Sony Electronics products and a custom-created promotional film, as well as many other opportunities for collaboration, partnership and marketing support.
- There will be one (1) grant winner in each monthly period and each grant winner will receive:
- $50,000 USD to use for the Grant winner’s Action Plan (payable in U.S. Dollars by check); and
- $50,000 USD worth of Sony Electronics products selected by Sony according to Grant winner’s submission.
- ARV of each Grant Award for each Monthly Period winner is: $100,000 USD. Total ARV Grant Program package is: $500,000 USD.
- The Create Action grant is intended for eligible non-profit organizations in the United States that are a 501(c)(3) with less than $500,00) annual operating revenue for 2021 and 2022.
- Officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household and of their immediate families, i.e., parents, children, stepchildren, spouse, siblings, “step” of each and persons residing in the same household of such immediate family members) of Sony, its subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, advertising/Grant/web design agencies and/or their affiliates, assigns or representatives; and all other persons or entities associated with the development, administration, Grant, execution of, or supply to this Grant Program (hereinafter referred to collectively as “Sony & Others”) are prohibited from entering or winning hereunder.
- The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
- Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder and/or that the authorized account holder is a duly authorized representative of the Organization.
- must be in the English language;
- must be the exclusive original work of the Entrant;
- may not be inappropriate, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized, as determined by Sony in its sole discretion;
- must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way;
- may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third party rights;
- may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, other than those relating to Sony Electronics Inc.;
- may not include any website URLs, viruses, worms, corrupt files, Trojan horses, or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise the proper conduct of this Grant Program or Sony; and
- may not use any watermarks or distinguishing artist marks (such as signatures).
For more information, visit Sony Electronics.