Deadline: 25 September 2023
It contributes to establishing and expanding cross-border cooperation between media workers, investigative journalists, and data professionals from Ukraine and their German cooperation partners.
The programme provides short-term funding for media projects.
- Submitted proposals can cover a wide range of topics:
- global or local issues, including investigations of the war crimes,
- money laundering, as well as projects on climate crisis, social issues, local stories etc.
- Use of innovative wemethods, i.e. data (such as scraping, mapping, visualisation), AI, OSINT, archive, interactive (multimedia) storytelling (such as snow-fall) etc., would be an asset.
- Editorial offices, freelance journalists, data researchers and media start-ups from Ukraine are eligible to apply.
- Cooperation projects with German media, NGOs and other stakeholders are very welcome to submit their applications.
- Relocated media, as well as media operating from Ukraine are welcome to apply.
- Already existing partnerships with German media or NGOs are considered an asset. However, a matching event for partnerships will be organised.
- Applicants must not be connected to a political party, political institution, or businesses and individuals sanctioned by the EU.
- Applicants must be active journalists or researchers who can demonstrate their media products published in the last six months.
- Application of innovative methods, including data analysis, OSINT, data mapping, etc. would be an asset.
- An application must be submitted in english.
- Media projects that already receive project funding may apply for additional funds (co-funding) within the programme.
For more information, visit Journalists in Need Network (jinn).